Are you an employee of USPS? If yes, then you might have heard about Liteblue. Majority of my readers might also be unaware of how to use Liteblue efficiently. Today in here, we aren’t going to explain how to use liteblue, but we will be covering one of the most basics – How to change liteblue password. This will also help to reset your old password. Before stepping directly into the topic, let me give an overview of Liteblue.
Liteblue is a human resource management software developed for United States Postal Services. Liteblue has several features which help postal employees to plan their career, in addition to that employees can manage their day to day activities like leaves, workflow and many other useful activities. Here is the list of activities one could do through Liteblue portal.
- Change your Liteblue password
- Plan your career in Us postal department through Career development.
- Revenue generated.
- Learn about the latest products designed by USPS for its customers.
- Feedback and complain system.
- Access Postalease
- One can stay informed on service performance.
These are some of the most important features of liteblue portal. Let’s now dive into the topic.
How to Change Your Liteblue Password?
Everyone who is joining USPS will be provided with a unique username and password. Username would be his/her employee id. Many of the times, one won’t remember the default times. So, it is always better to change the password soon after receiving the default password.
Basically, there are two ways of changing the password.
Can I change USPS default Usernames?
Unfortunately, Liteblue doesn’t allow employees to change their usernames as of now. This system would be inducted soon into the platform.
How to Reset Password If I forgot the Password or if USPS.com shows my account is disabled?
If the websites your access to Liteblue is disabled or blocked, then you will have to follow additional instructions to make it accessible. If your account is blocked you have to contact USPS helpdesk for further actions
Reset USPS Password
- Proceed to USPS.com and click on login located on the right side of the page.
- Now find “ forgot password “ and tap on it.
- Enter your unique username.
- Click on the “Continue” button. I repeat “Continue”. If you tap on the Next button you would be redirected to the initial screen.
- Once you are in the screen for password change, you have to select the way in which you want to change the password, there are two options before you.
You could easily change the password by
- By easily answering the previously set security question.
- By setting a temporary password sent to your registered mobile number. This option will only be shown if you have opted to this mode.
- If you are choosing the “Security Question” way, you will have to enter the answer correctly, Once you have entered correctly the password will be mailed to you.
- Once you have received the password, go to USPS and log in. After the first login, you will be prompted to change the password as the mailed password is a temporary one.
- If you have decided to reset the password through the second method, a temporary password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
If you are still having an error or not able to login to USPS even after resetting the password, then its time to escalate the issue to the helpdesk for much better help. Normally once you raise the tickets, the helpdesk will respond within 24 hrs. One can also seek help through USPS toll-free number – 1-800-344-7779.
I hope you all loved reading the article if you are still having some doubts regarding USPS password reset please do contact us through email or comment section. We will be reaching to you in no time. Meanwhile, subscribe and stay tuned with us for further updates.