Origin of Google Chrome: Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google. It was released in 2008 and has gained immense popularity nowadays.
What is Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is an open source web browser and is one of the most popular web browsers nowadays. Tremendous booting speed has been observed with Google Chrome. Chrome boots up in very less about 10 seconds. Websites load quickly and smoothly without any interruption. Chrome has an amazing feature of upgrading with the latest updates and fixes every time it is turned on. Chrome operating system is designed in such a manner that multiple web applications can run in multiple tabs without hampering the speed of the web browser. When the thought of developing a web browser came into the mind of Google expert team, they decided to design a browser which should be different from browsing simple text pages. We use the browser for checking our e-mails, shopping, paying bills and running various applications.
Role of Cloud
The Chrome users are required to perform all their tasks online or in the cloud without downloading other softwares like iTunes or Microsoft Office. The devices running with chrome receives regular software updates, and their data usually resides on the servers of Google. The devices are also equipped with proper security.
The user data stored on the device is encrypted, and it is also limited to user preferences. All other data gets stored in the cloud. The user preference will also be synched to the cloud account so even if a user loses the device, he can log in from another device into his cloud account and all his data would be stored safely there.
Google Chrome OS is fast and lightweight. Google has achieved complete success by developing an operating system with their only installed program which is Chrome browser. Users work and save their things online using Google drives. This is genuinely a shift from today’s computing environment, where most programs are installed locally on the computer’s hard drive.
Advantage of Google Chrome OS
- CHROME OS: Google Chrome OS is a cloud-based operating system. It is lightweight because of which we cannot run complex programs which are not available on the cloud. You would always need an internet connection to operate chrome OS.
- Open Source: The very important thing in a chrome OS is open source software. It involves no cost.
- Internet: If you are a person who needs to stay online for the whole day be it for job or some other reason, then chrome OS is the best suited for you.
- Speed: In terms of speed, chrome OS is the best. It is designed in such a manner that it can run faster with low powered processors as well.
- Security Measures: The security system is updated in chrome OS by default. Also your data will be stored online because of cloud-based OS.
- Amazing Shopping Experience: Everyone shops online nowadays. As there are many online portals available for different categories like Healthkart for all nutritional needs, Urban Ladder for all types of furniture and many more. Chrome gives you an experience of shopping quickly and easily as booting process is really faster with chrome.
Other Services: Google services like Gmail, Google Docs, etc. are the built in services in chrome OS.
Hope you got know about Chrome OS. Let me know your opinions about this in comment section.