IDM Extension: IDM or Internet Download Manager is undoubtedly the best and most used Download Manager out on the market. At least 3 out of 10 people will have IDM or Internet Download Manager installed on their Windows Computer or Laptop. The outstanding features, easy to use interface and long trial period to test, makes Internet Download Manager on of the best Download Manager. Using IDM Extension you can download torrent files with IDM
As I mentioned earlier, IDM Comes with a lot of features that other Download Managers don’t. One among them is the Web Browser Integration feature. Basically, this feature let IDM grab all the Direct Links to Download and Download those files with the powerful software.
But wait…. IDM Extension is not available on the Chrome Store, yes you heard it right. Even though they have the Extension, it is not available in the Google Chrome Store to download. Surprisingly, it is hidden in our IDM Installation folder itself, let’s check it out.
But, at certain times, Google Chrome users face a lot of issues with Browser Integration. One is that you are not able to use the IDM Extension on Google Chrome, which in turns doesn’t catch up any Direct Links and prompt you the Download Dialogue Box. Here, in this article, you will find How you can manually Add IDM Extension to Chrome so that you are not required to manually add the Download Links one by one. So, without further ado, let’s get started
IDM Extension For Chrome
Follow the step by step instructions mentioned below and you are all good to go.
First of all, Make sure you have the latest version of Internet Download Manager. Just download and Install the latest version of IDM or just update the existing version to the latest version.
- Open up Google Chrome
- Go to Extension’s Manager page by typing the below-given address in the URL Address Bar:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the below-given location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager
- In this page, you will see a .crx file name “IDMGCExt“, just drag and drop the file to the Chrome’s Extension Manager page. You will see popup message like “Drop to Install”
- Now, the IDM Extension has just got installed in Google Chrome. Next, we should enable it in Incognito mode as well.
- For that, just tick on the option called “Allow on Incognito”
Now, we just installed and add IDM Extension to Chrome. So, that was simple. right?
At certain times, it can crash again, too. If it does, follow the steps mentioned below
- Update Internet Download Manager to the latest version
- Open Chrome and Remove the Old Extension, if it is there
- Follow the exact same method mentioned above and it will work for sure.
So, guys, this is the easiest method to add IDM Extension to Chrome. As they are not having the Extension on the Chrome Store, It really becomes a hectic task for us to find it. Thankfully, this article will help you to get your job done in less than 4 minutes. If you have any doubts, feel free to leave a comment down below and also be sure to share this article with your friends on different social media and let them know about this trick, too.